...but actually, I'm not going to show you anything I've made yet, because I've just finished and it's all photographed ready to be posted to Meridian Ariel tomorrow. At last! We're as tardy as each other, though, so not to worry. I had fun with this one, particularly making the sweeties, and it did force me to focus on some actual making of stuff rather than twiddling about being frustrated.
One of the experiments that went "wrong" which I referred to in my last post was a series of crochet flowers in varigated threads, the pattern for which came from Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts! Lacy Crochet. I wanted to turn them into a bracelet and threaded six onto Stretch Magic, but they just rolled up and it was a bit tight. So I stitched them onto a plain t-shirt for K.
I've used the same book for something for the button swap, and an additional whoozit for a little gift that's also being posted tomorrow. I have to say I was very intimidated when I first opened the book because the patterns are more or less all diagrammed rather than written out. But a little practice and it seems I can read patterns just as well via diagram as I can when they're instruction-based. I'm pleased about this because it opens up the possibility of working from patterns in other languages.
Oh, all right then. Here's a sneaky peek of one of the things I made for the swap. You can't tell what it is but it's a lovely button!