Thursday 5 August 2010

A Granny A Day

So, very very late, I have joined the Granny A Day Challenge at the Meet Me At Mike's blog. I finally came up with a project to incorporate Izabella's lovely granny squares into (from last year's swap) - a shrug adapted from a project in The Crochet Bible. A granny a day seems to be about all I can manage at the moment; we seem to be in quite an intense period of D needing mummy very much in the evenings right now. Hey ho, This Too Shall Pass, as a very wise lady once told me.

Anyway, here is my progress so far:

As you can see, Izabela's squares form the central panel on the back, and I've used the same yarns (Patons Washed Haze) to make plain grannies in each colour. I really wanted to make something which made these squares stand out as they're such a pretty pattern, that's why I've gone for the plain grannies on either side. Each ball of Washed Haze makes four 14cm squares and I've done nine so far, I'm working my way through a ball of Grape at the moment. I've got two balls of each colour in my stash. I'm not sure how many I'll need, in the end - the pattern in the book is highly confusing (the number of squares doesn't add up in any way to the dimensions given!), so I'll work up what I've got and see how it fits together.

I may need some more yarn...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a lovely way to use Izabela's gorgeous squares! Looking forward to seeing the final result when D gives you a bit more time!